Internal Audit Manager - Front Office
To £85,000 + Bonus + (10% non-contributory pension) + Bonus + Benefits
12 month fixed term contract
Highly established global investment management group with over $300 billion AUM with offices in 3 global financial centres. They now have a newly created high profile, leadership role within their finance function. They now have a 12 month maternity cover fixed term contract available.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- MUST HAVE: Significant internal and/or external auditing experience with a minimum of 5 years audit experience
- MUST HAVE: Significant previous experience in a similar audit role within the Financial Services Industry, preferably within Investment Management
- MUST HAVE: Experience in auditing the Front Office and Investment Management activity is essential
- MUST HAVE: Relevant professional qualification preferred e.g. Qualified Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Charted Financial Analyst (CFA), etc.
- Experience in using Computer Assisted Audit techniques will be a distinct advantage
- Big 4 experience is desirable but not required
- MUST HAVE: Ability to work on and advise on multiple audit engagements simultaneously
- MUST HAVE: Demonstrate good time management, excellent review, analytical, and problem solving skills
- MUST HAVE: Excellent organisational and presentation skills, excellent relationship and negotiation skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
This is a front office audit role, reporting to the Global Head of Internal Audit and working within team of ten based in London, USA and Europe. Your role will be as follows:
- Plan and execute internal audits to evaluate the effectiveness of the controls in operation in the business to make recommendations for their improvement. This includes providing an opinion on the quality of the risk management processes.
- Following the closing meeting, a draft audit report containing findings, conclusions and proposed remediation/corrective actions will be submitted to auditee Management to enable them to confirm their action plans, with timescales for completion, and who will be responsible for completing the actions. Following the audit assessment of whether the proposed Management remediation/corrective action plans adequately address the related risks, a final audit report will be issued which incorporates the agreed Management action plans.
- Assist in the preparation of Audit Committee papers for the Group as well as other reports required by specific fund Boards.
- Assist the Front Office functional audit team in risk assessment and relationship management for the entire Investments department.
- Perform peer reviews and quality review assessments of audit engagements performed by other auditors.
- Evaluate the implementation of agreed corrective actions. Contribute to the monitoring of the agreed remediation action plans to ensure that management is on track for successful and timely completion.
- Contribute to an increased awareness in the business of the management of risk and the importance of sound business controls.
- Develop, train, and coach other members of the Global Internal Audit team in the skills required to perform successful audit assignments.
- Contribute to the development of the internal audit methodology and working practices operated by the department.