Accountancy and Finance
Accountancy & Audit
|Salary:||Up to £80000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Job Published:||almost 3 years ago|
Internal Auditor - Fixed term 11 month Contract
£80000 + benefits and bonus
They are a specialist investment management firm that manages over £12 billion on behalf of private clients, institutions, family offices and intermediaries from the UK and overseas. With over 175 employees, they have a leading reputation in thematic investment and long-term income and dividend growth across multi-asset mandates.
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit who is based in Europe and the London based CEO, you will be in a sole charge role in London responsible for performing audits (planning, fieldwork, debriefing, reporting) and for the monitoring of open audit measures. As the Head of Internal Audit is not based on site, you will have to have an ability to work independently and autonomously but with an attitude for team work.
- Conduct risk-based / process-oriented audits with all relevant steps (planning, fieldwork, debriefing, reporting) on the adequacy of operational processes and controls and on the adherence to internal business policies, applicable laws and regulatory requirements.
- Perform audit work in accordance with Group Internal Audit (GIA) policies and standards for the professional practice of internal audit (IIA).
- Recommend measures to mitigate risks to Senior Management.
- Perform timely and effective measure follow-up and assess the sustainability of the implemented solutions.
- Assist in the preparation of periodic reporting issued by Internal Audit.
- There will be limited travel to Europe
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role you MUST meet the following criteria:
- Experienced in Internal / External Audit experience with an Asset Management firm or in the Investment Fund industry.
- Relevant professional qualification and education to degree standard (ACA, ACCA, CIA, CPA or equivalent preferred).
- Products and regulatory knowledge relevant to fund and discretionary asset management business (e.g. funds, equity, fixed income, alternative products) in the UK.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently in an efficient and effective manner and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform audit work in accordance with department and professional standards for internal auditing.
- Ability to complete assignments in an effective and efficient manner.
- Excellent communication (i.e., verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management.
Sorry, this job is no longer available