|Salary:||£60000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Investment Analyst - Investment Monitoring
£60000 - £80000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are a highly respected Investment group who provide the highest quality fund manager research to their clients and have achieved excellent results over the years including in difficult markets.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Experienced bottom up/ value analysis
- CFA qualified or equivalent and achieved at least 2:1 at degree level
- Demonstrate qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Portfolio/ fund analysis experience preferably within equities
- Fund Manager analysis / due diligence experience
- At least 5 years relevant experience (incremental to wider investment knowledge and experience).
- The role focuses on Long Only Managers. Therefore candidates who have either heavy macro, volatile, risk, hedge fund backgrounds are not appropriate.
- Willingness to travel.
As part of the investment research team, your research coverage focusses on monitoring the investment manager's behaviour post investment in terms of reviewing compliance with the manager's declared investment style or whether the manager's corporate entity has changed for any reason. This role assumes special responsibility if you uncover a change in the investment manager's style and highlights potential problems before they become actual ones. You will also assist the client consulting team/asset class team whenever consideration is given to the relative merits of an incumbent investment manager against a replacement manager. Responsibilities:
- Day to day responsibility for investment appraisal and monitoring of recommended investment managers. Undertaking detailed analysis of portfolios for the purposes of supporting the team's understanding and interpretation of the manager's investment decision-making process. This will include fundamental analysis relating to the key characteristics of the individual portfolios as well, as how they can combine as part of the multi-manager packages.
- The role requires the analyst to continually reappraise Fund managers, their performance and look at as to whether to invest in them or not, as some case maybe. Therefore, the analyst will have the ability to recommend whether or not to replace the fund manager, with the discussion and agreement from the Head of the Team.
- The role is more reflective of 'Portfolio Analysis and Monitoring'. However, a big picture view needs to be taken, as the analysis will also involve assessing the portfolio team, their structure, dynamics and changes, therefore the analyst is expected to regularly meet with Fund Managers and ultimately conduct the meetings as the lead analyst.
- The Analyst needs to be able to assess whether the Fund Manager has drifted from his/her investment style and if so, ask why
- The Analyst needs to have strong conviction as to whether to continue to invest in a Manager. You will need to present your case to the investment committee and/or CIO. Dig deeper - it's about current and future acumen not past performance.
- The role is not a process and box ticking exercise. The role requires analysis, investigative, as well as strong intellectual curiosity and it is continual.
- The role will require some travel.
Sorry, this job is no longer available