To £110,000 + good bonus + Benefits
They are a young wealth management company with a difference. They are an off shoot of another larger wealth management company who have decided to back key portfolio managers. The team is 9 currently and is expanding fast. Being a small environment this is a key role and gives an opportunity to make your mark and play an influential role in the business from its young beginnings. You will make a significant contribution to the next stage of growth.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Degree educated, with significant progress made in post-degree UK investment qualifications (CII, CISI or CFA routes) and preferably be RDRD Level 4 qualified
- Investment Counsellor / Planner with at least 5 years investment experience, across multiple asset classes at a large established wealth manager
- Demonstrable experience of private client portfolio construction, preferably with significant direct client contact
- A keen interest and high-level understanding of macro drivers (economic and political) and the relationship with asset classes
- An excellent understanding of industry research and analysis tools.
- Have excellent IT skills along with outstanding written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex information appropriately to a range of different audiences
- Must be very articulate and well presented
- Strong understanding of Financial Products in a wealth management context
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite particularly Excel
- Independent working style and good team player in a smaller environment
- Committed, flexible, multitasking, and accurate to details
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative, intelligent and personable
- Efficient and organised time management skills
- Fluent in English
Working in a small team as an Investment Counsellor / Planner, your role will:
- Ensure portfolios are managed in accordance with the risk mandate, objectives and the firm's investment proposition.
- Complete all necessary risk, regulatory & compliance trainings and certifications for self and team.
- Conduct product and market update sessions for the team.
- Conduct client seminars on a variety of relevant financial and non-financial subjects to promote platforms for less formal engagement.
- Perform comprehensive fund research and manager selection across all asset classes on both new fund ideas and the ongoing monitoring of existing Buy List selections.
- Contribute to the firm's Investment Committee and act in accordance with its terms of reference.
- Undertake appropriate quantitative and qualitative research and analysis and have relevant experience conducting fund manager interviews.
- Help oversee a structured product book, engaging with external providers and internal consultants to deliver structured product options for our buy list.
- Contribute oversight to the effective management of trading, ensuring sufficient client information is obtained before any decisions to trade are made.
- Stakeholder management and communication.
- Maintain close relationships with Private Client teams, responding to investment queries swiftly and maintaining an exceptionally high level of internal client satisfaction.
- Clearly explain the firm's investment proposition and portfolio positioning in client meetings when required by the Private Client Director/s.
- Contribute to the high level of written work produced by the team e.g. external media and PR contributions, the quarterly Investment Strategy for clients, regular and ad-hoc briefings for internal teams, etc.
- Ensure Wealth Managers are abreast of key investment issues including asset allocation, fund choices and macro-economic developments through in-house meetings.
- Actively support Investment in building new and existing client Portfolio pitches and marketing material around the wealth plan strategies
- Closely engage with private banks, IFAs, fund houses and associates in aid to building best of market product strategies, ideas, practices
- Assist Wealth Managers in formulating strategy for each client Portfolio
- Provide suitable and appropriate product ideas on daily/ weekly/ monthly basis to build ideally asset allocated Portfolio
- Engage with clients on market, industry and product ideas along with Wealth Managers