Investment Fund and Risk Manager / Assistant Manager
£ 55000 - £75,000 + Bonus + Benefits
APPLICATIONS ARE WELCOME FROM THOSE BASED IN THE UK WHO OPEN TO BE WORK IN GUERNSEY
They are part of a global financial services group and are a long established fund management services business providing risk management and consultancy services to the fund management industry. The Company will apply for a work permit for the successful individual in order to take advantage of the local housing rates (comparable to London rental costs). Please note there is a 20% income tax rate in Guernsey.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Minimum of 5 years fund management industry experience
- Minimum of 5 years' relevant experience, in any of the below responsibilities.
- Experience relating to AIFMD and/ or UCITs requirements is not a pre-requisite but useful.
Special Skills Required:
- Attention to detail;
- Excel experience;
- Excellent communication skills.
Salary and internal level will depend entirely on experience.
Working in a small team your main focus is the provision of independent risk management reviews of portfolios as well as solutions to clients seeking adherence to AIFMD and UCITs requirements. Depending on the client mandate, you will prepare and/or review client risk reports and analysis in conformity with agreed risk management standards. You will also analyse and review supporting M.I. to portfolio mandates/strategies, offering documents and associated regulation. This is a varied and exciting role providing an opportunity to work in a fast growing business, and developing wide experience in a number of aspects. You do not need to have experience across all of the aspects as training and development opportunities will be provided to support a candidate who has had previous experience of elements of the role in a relevant position. Responsibilities include:
- Risk Management reports including;
- Preparation of reports in line with risk management review checklist;
- Reconciling investment portfolios and movements;
- Investigate price movements to various sources, ascertain liquidity of portfolio in relation to regulation and rules thereof;
- Statistical analysis of portfolios and production of management reports.
- Management Information and communication;
- Managing allocated client relationships, liaison with the investment advisors, investment managers and boards as required.
- Review of fund documents to ensure portfolios and valuations meet any regulation or fund restrictions and liaison with compliance on breaches;
- Review of marketing rules and laws of respective jurisdictions;
- Assist with regular compliance reporting.
- Preparation of Board Reports;
- Assist with the Preparation of board reports, breach reports and any board communication in conjunction with Senior Management;
- Attendance at meetings and presentation of reports as required.
- Advisor Oversight
- Assist with advisor oversight visits to meet outsourcing requirements and identify operational risks;
- Assist with the preparation of fund fact sheets.
- Other duties.
- Assist on new business enquiries as required;
- Available to assist in other duties as and when requested.