Accountancy & Audit
|Salary:||£50000 - £60000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS|
|Job Published:||about 4 years ago|
Investment Fund Modeller / Analyst
£50,000 - £60,000 + Bonus + Bonus
They are a successful financial services business comprising three divisions an Advisory, Asset Management and Investment Management divisions. The position exists within the Investment Management business which currently comprises two funds. More funds are planned to be launched in the future. A good career path is offered. This is an opportunity to assume a senior role in a growing team and continue developing a career as an Investment Professional. As the team continues to grow it will also be an opportunity to shape business procedures delivery processes. This role is designed to introduce the successful candidate to broader commercial Investment Management activities over a period of time.
Who They Are Looking for
To be considered for this excellent role, you MUST meet the following in bold criteria (if your CV does not specifically show this your CV will not be considered):
- Minimum 2: 1 from a top 10-15 University and exceptional Modelling skills with complex model creation experience such as DCF or fund models - at least 2 years of this.
- 5 years of experience post University within Finance or Accounting and either studying for or CFA qualified.
- Ability to understand and analyse Income Statements and Balance Sheets.
- Experience of working within Investment Management environment or a top 10 firm of accountants where experience has been gained of fund models.
- Highly motivated and proactive individual interested in Investment Funds, Renewable Energy and keen to work in a small business environment.
- Excellent Communicator capable of communicating results from Excel Modelling to senior management and also capable of dealing with professional third party service providers.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to raise and discuss areas of risk and concern.
- PowerPoint & Word ( Ability to prepare presentations and other corporate documents).
- Excellent organisation and timetable management skills.
Please note: Applicants must be able to work in the UK and possess either an EU passport or hold a valid work visa to work in the UK.
The role requires a motivated individual with experience in Financial Modelling and Analysis and with the ability to communicate effectively, and manage a diverse work flow. You will be responsible for Fund Modelling (within Excel), to help drive the completion of Fund Valuations & Analysis and Investor Reporting. You will become responsible for delivering work directly and assist in managing the overall quarterly output which will also includes management of professional third party service providers and a number of stakeholders. The role will also develop into a broad commercial role with exposure to a broad range of Investment Management activities. Responsibilities will include:
- Excel Fund Modelling and Investment Scenario Analysis.
- Maintenance and audit of the Excel Fund Model (verification of key assumptions and drivers)
- Quarterly Excel Fund Modelling and assist in the preparation of final Valuations.
- Delivery of Quarterly Fund Accounts, Fact Sheets and Annual / Semi Annual Reporting
- Investment Fund Liquidity Analysis (supervising Junior Financial Analyst)
- Quarterly Investment Updates (Supervising Junior Financial Analyst)
- Projects including Fund Capital Raising, Structuring and Launches.
- Assist in management of Annual Fund Timetable and Third Party Service Provider Deliveries
- Assistance in managing output and training of Junior Financial Analyst.