|Salary:||Bonus & Benefits|
|Job Published:||about 5 years ago|
Investment Policy Analyst
Key purpose of the role:
- To be a point person in the London office providing support to the CIO UK and Investment Policy team by collecting information and coordinating/executing projects related to portfolio management, trading and performance related items.
- These will include and not limited to reviewing investment policy statements; peer group analysis & rank analysis against competitors; broker reviews & trade cost analysis; stress testing and understanding relevant regulatory requirements (e.g. unbundling of commission, research budgets).
Key Responsibilities & requirements
- Reviewing Investment Policy Statements
- Peer group analysis & rank analysis against competitors.
- Exposure to regulatory issues
- Broker reviews & trade cost analysis
- Stress testing
- Unbundling of commission.
- With the assistance of the Investment Policy Team, develop and maintain Fund/Pool/Model Investment Policy Statements for the companies solutions line up.
- Conduct periodic internal funds' peer group reviews, suggest appropriate changes within the scope of the companies' customisation process, and maintain the peer group database.
- Analyse and understand Morningstar, Mercer and select consultants' peer groups to help them understand their current and potential peer groups' characteristics, alpha targets, value-added objectives, create performance grids and work on ad-hoc requests.
- Regular reporting and portfolio monitoring including liquidity report, market cap monitoring report.
- Assist with co-ordination of mandates, gathering explanations for breaches, sign offs.
- Portfolio manager and trader performance measurement involving template maintenance, benchmarking and peer group analysis.
- Help C.I.O. with assembling and tracking performance metrics in support of remuneration issues for the investment team.
- Assist in broker reviews, monitoring and assessments.
- Assist in monitoring trading activity within the group, including best execution monitoring, trade cost analysis, commission management and exception reporting analysis.
- Monitor Charles River exemptions and follow up with portfolio managers when required. Escalate with the VP Investment Policy if violations are not cleared.
- Help with co-ordinating TCA analysis across Global asset Management.
- Chair the UK TMOC and act as link between UK traders and V.P. Investment Policy.
- Liaison with the Product Team and Investment Management Team with regard to new idea generation, identifying new opportunities, new product design and characteristics.
- Conduct proposed product stress testing to determine key product features, potential risks and recommend benchmarks where appropriate.
- Assist other Investment Policy team members with all other project work.
- Chair the Unbundling committees that oversee and test research budgets and allocations.
- Manage UK research expenditure in order to maximise service levels received.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- University degree or equivalent
- CFA or commencement of study for the CFA
- Prior relevant experience within performance analysis and/or middle office support from an Investment Management environment.
- Familiarity with Charles River system
- Systems knowledge of : Bloomberg, Morningstar Direct, Eagle
WE REGRET THAT DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICANTS ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Sorry, this job is no longer available
Location: London, England
Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Business Finance Manager
Location: City of London, London
Salary: £70000 - £76000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Location: City of London, London
Salary: £55000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits