Investment Risk Analyst
£50,000 + bonus + benefits
Who They Are
They are a global investment management group with AUM of over £300 billion. They are highly regarded and have a strong employee involvement and a culture of fostering career development and employee participation. They are currently engaged on an expansion path and have ambitions to be amongst the top investment management group in Europe.
You will act as the independent oversight of the firm's equity portfolios, undertaking statistical, sensitivity and holdings based analysis to understand the risk profile of equity strategies.
- Production and analysis of in-depth investment risk reports
- Provision of regular written summaries, spotlighting any risk or potential risk issues
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the relevant Investment process.
- In-depth knowledge of the relevant markets and market / company issues.
- Liaise with the front office on any relevant issues and on market events.
- Development of the reporting and the reporting tools necessary. Working with the quantitative resource to achieve this.
- Monitoring all relevant regulatory/client limits.
- Resolving all day-to-day system and data issues and help on the development of the system.
- Assist with ad hoc analytical requests from all parts of the business (including the front office) and committees.
- Develop and maintain documentation of all relevant processes across investment risk.
- Additional regulatory reporting where appropriate
Who They Are Looking For
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Degree educated or equivalent market/similar experience
- A good knowledge of investment process and strategy across asset classes
- Knowledge of traded instruments
- The ability to apply risk techniques across and within asset classes
- A good understanding of investment risk methodologies
- Advanced level spreadsheet and database skills