Investment Risk Analyst
£60,000 - £70,000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are an independent, global, long established investment and wealth management firm with a strong reputation. They advise and manage over £40bn of assets. They are highly regarded within the industry, having won many awards and have an excellent brand and client loyalty as well as strong plans to expand their client base. They now have a newly created role for someone who wishes to increase there exposure to the front office and investment managers and also seek greater responsibility including making investment recommendations.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the role requires the Investment Risk Analyst to lead and enhance the investment risk management framework and process and ensure consistency and accuracy across the business. The role involves close and regular interaction with the Investment Team and, in particular, the Performance Analyst. The role includes the following:
- Leading and enhancing the investment risk management framework and process.
- Maintaining the investment risk system to deliver multi-asset and single asset portfolio risk and fund data. Work with the investment team developing functionality.
- Regularly review and update procedures and controls for the investment risk function.
- Monitoring investment risk.
- Designing and producing accurate risk reports on a weekly, monthly, quarterly basis as required by the business.
- Check and provide risk analysis on all investments/models/funds on an ex-post and ex-ante basis.
- Provide individual client risk information in a clear and concise manner.
- Frequent interaction with the Client Relationship Managers, Investment Managers and Senior Management to ensure business needs are met from a risk perspective.
- Production of templates to speed up and automate reports.
- Working with the Investment Team to monitor, analyse, report market and portfolio risk.
- Provide risk commentary for client reports, internal meetings and fund board meetings.
- Member and Secretary of the Risk and Controls Committee with responsibility for the production of key risk reports and explanations of all investment risk information.
- Build and maintain good knowledge of the company's investment management products and investment processes.
- Understand the Investment Management business, including client portfolios and funds.
- Develop knowledge of asset classes, including equities, fixed income and funds and private. Investments.
- Understand the performance process within Asset Management.
- To work closely with performance analyst to ensure the consistency of data and analysis across the business.
- Understand the UK regulatory environment and contribute to the compliance culture.
- Contribute to ad hoc projects as identified by the Business.
The Successful Candidate
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
- Significant experience of investment risk Analysis, ideally gained at the multi-asset level within a buy side investment manager.
- Strong experience and academic background in Risk Management with good understanding of risk issues and various approaches to risk analysis and management.
- Knowledge of risk systems (including APT, PORT) is desirable.
- Degree educated. A finance, economics or risk-related qualification is preferable and a relevant post graduate qualification would be an advantage.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills - the ability to present the risk exposure and the appropriate risk management to investment professionals, clients, boards, internal groups and regulators.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to understand complex issues.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Advanced Excel skills essential, ability to understand VBA code in order to debug code e.g. change ranges an advantage.
- Team player - ability to work independently as well as work as part of a team.
- Flexible - ability to work in a rapidly changing environment and to tight deadlines.