|Salary:||£35000 - £38000 per annum + benefits and bonus|
|Job Published:||almost 3 years ago|
Manager Research Analyst
£35,000 - £38000 + Bonus + Benefits
City - London
They are an independent, long established investment and wealth management firm and are highly regarded within the industry. Having won many awards, they also have an excellent brand and client loyalty as well as strong plans to expand their client base. The culture of the business is highly collegiate offering a good work life balance. They are now seeking a Junior Analyst to work within their multi-asset fund manager selection process in their fund of funds area.
- Support the collectives investment process by sourcing the best ideas for the recommended list using critical thinking and rigorous due diligence.
- Responsible for actively monitoring and reviewing opportunities in the wider investment universe on an ongoing basis to ensure our recommendations are the best available, reflecting the breadth and depth of the recommended list.
- Conduct / take part in manager meetings to facilitate a thorough analysis and exploration of the investment opportunity
- Communicate conviction clearly and persuasively on a timely basis relating to developments with significant holdings that are widely held by our clients. Give guidance to investment managers on risk of recommendations and portfolio context.
- Understand the extent of buy in to recommendation changes and provide relevant follow up communication to demonstrate conviction as appropriate.
- Develop a broad and generalist knowledge of all collectives investment areas to enable challenge and appropriate understanding when debating investment ideas.
- Align collectives outputs with asset allocation strategy by conducting research on sectors and themes. Previous examples include disruptive technologies, specialist property fund launches and European funds' exposure to Southern states.
- Collaborate effectively within the collectives research team, to help develop a strong, innovative and supportive culture to the wider business and play an active role in managing the Research portfolio.
- Further collaborate with committee members, the asset allocation committee and the wider research team to share ideas, take feedback and provide technical expertise for the business channels.
- Build relationships and rapport across the firm and represent the company and its research team and investment process externally where appropriate.
- Work with and alongside other departments to develop processes and ensure operational excellence.
- Contribute towards the continuing development of the Group by participating in projects, committees and other activities as requested from time to time.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Strong academics including minimum 2:1 degree from a good university
- Broad or growing knowledge and strong interest of the investment universe including onshore and offshore, legal structures, ETFs, structured products, absolute return and derivatives based strategies.
- Deep or growing understanding of investment risk
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Ideally a confident presenter
- Ability to analyse facts and arguments critically to produce credible recommendations
- Strong, clear and rational communication skills, both written and verbal and a confident presenter
- Good attention to detail but ideally considers the broader economic and business landscape.
- Self starter who is able to take initiative, manage their time and operate successfully on an independent basis
- Committed team player