The main responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review, draft and negotiate a range of contracts for the UK institutional and retail teams which includes investment management agreements, distribution agreements and fiduciary management agreements.
- Provide support to the client's Paris office and liaise with external counsel in France on a variety of legal issues associated with the client's French funds distribution business.
- Assist with the review and negotiation of of a variety of contracts for the Middle Eastern team - including investment management agreements and consulting agreements.
- Review and negotiate sub-investment management agreements relevant to separate accounts, UCITS and non-UCITS funds.
- Review commercial contracts, service contracts, intra-group delegation contracts and also the provision of the appropriate legal research in support of the client's business.
- Provision of legal input in respect of RFPs and other business activities appropriate to the client's business.
The ideal candidate should posses the following skills, qualifications and attributes:
- Law degree or equivalent
- MUST be admitted to practice in the UK
- PQE in a top 20 law firm with a focus on UK financial services issues with some collective investment scheme regulation or from the in-house team of an asset manager.
- Strong contract negotiating skills and experience of negotiating a range of agreements (particularly investment management agreements) with institutional clients including those based in the Middle East, Europe and the UK.
- Knowledge of FCA regulation, collective investment products and the law and regulation of the distribution of these products.
- Experience of managing external counsel.
In exchange for the above my client is offering the opportunity to join a market leading organisation at an exciting phase of their growth and a competitive remuneration package