|Location:||City of London, London|
Compliance & Legal
|Salary:||£85000 - £110000 per annum + Bonus|
|Job Published:||over 3 years ago|
£85000 - £110000 + Bonus + Benefits
A fully qualified lawyer is sought to work with the Legal Counsel of a securities firm for business lines associated with fixed income trading, repo and equity lending, new issues and fund distribution.
Reporting to the firm's sole in-house lawyer, you will have broad responsibilities which will include the following:
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating specialist contracts including market standard documentation for the repo and securities lending market such as the OSLA, GMRA and GMSLA.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating other forms of contracts and commercial documentation including bespoke agency lending agreements, client terms of business for the secondary trading of fixed income and equity products, confidentiality agreements, engagement letters, fund distribution agreements, EMTN programme updates, IT agreements, supplier service agreements and other ancillary documents.
- Keeping up to date with relevant legal legislation (e.g. the EU Financial Transactions Tax ("FTT"), the US Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act ("FATCA") and help advise on such developments as they impact the business.
- Liaising with internal departments within the firm such as the Risk, Compliance and business departments and external clients on matters relating to the above.
To be considered for this role, you will be a qualified barrister or solicitor in the UK or similar jurisdiction with at least five years' post qualification experience. You will have a broad, general commercial contracts background which will have preferably been gained in-house within the financial services sector.
The position will involve a considerable amount of interaction with other internal business departments and a high degree of client contact. Hence it is essential that you:
- Have very good interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral), able to convey information in a clear, succinct manner (recognising also that some colleagues do not have English as their first language).
- Have the ability to clearly explain legal and commercial issues and influence stakeholders in a straightforward and accessible manner.
- Able to work proactively and flexibly, with minimum supervision and a 'can-do' attitude; and an ability to work under pressure whilst still paying close attention to detail.
Sorry, this job is no longer available