Compliance & Legal
|Salary:||£85000 - £90000 per annum|
|REF:||BN1 / 71833_1519404265|
|Job Published:||over 2 years ago|
LEGAL COUNSEL / FUNDS LAWYER
LONDON - WEST END
A traditional asset management business who has its EMEA HQ in the heart of London. Offers multi- - asset class solutions to it's prestigious clientele across multiple jurisdictions.
Reporting to the General Counsel the main focus is to provide legal support to the Company's suite of investment products both UCITS and AIF's. The bulk of the funds are based in Ireland however there are others based in the UK and further afield.
- Assessing what is required to market and or distribute funds in different jurisdictions (and managing the relationship with external counsel in each jurisdiction)
- Putting in place agreements and managing relationships with third party service providers
- Helping with more general advice on strategic issues when restructuring or merging funds and working on internal working groups.
- Communicating effectively with senior executive and non-executive directors on the Irish management company board
- Reviewing and negotiating investment management agreements, commercial contracts, service contracts, intra-group delegation contracts and performing legal research relevant to meet the company's requirements.
- Working on regulatory projects as required eg GDPR ongoing MiFID II implementation
- Updating prospectuses for new funds, share classes, regulatory updates, changes to investment objectives and fund closures
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Legal Degree or non-legal degree followed by the relevant qualification to practice law or equivalent
- Admitted to practice in the UK or another common law jurisdiction.
- Irish regulatory experience, knowledge of FCA regulations, collective investment products and the law and regulation of those products would be advantageous, either in Ireland or the UK.
- Highly motivated and a preparedness to learn new areas of law.
- Post-qualification experience in a 'top 20' law firm with a focus on collective investment regulation and financial services issues, or experience from an in-house team of an asset manager or financial services institution preferable
- Familiarity with, or an interest in developing, knowledge of Irish regulatory issues relevant to UCITS and AIFs
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior executive and non executive directors on the Irish management company board
- Ability to review and negotiate investment management agreements, commercial contracts, service contracts, intra-group delegation contracts and performing legal research relevant to meet the company's requirements
- UK Qualified Lawyer 2 -3 years PQE
- Very strong verbal, written and presentation skills
Sorry, this job is no longer available