Compliance & Legal
|Salary:||£30000 - £34000 per annum + bonus package|
|Job Published:||over 5 years ago|
My client is a reputable Law Firm located in London. Growing firm with new offices opening internationally this year.
The core responsibilities of the role are:
- Raising client bills and working with fee earners to decide appropriate monies on account.
- Owning the entire debt recover process; from sending out reminder e mails for bills due through to making applications for CCJ's and working with agencies to serve and enforce judgement.
- Working closely with fee earners to work out the right debt recovery strategy and approach by client- which varies by client
- Agreeing payment plans with management and negotiating payment plans with clients
- Working with management and clients to obtain litigation loans; meeting clients to explain financing options and making applications on behalf of clients
- Tracking client account position to ensure we have required monies on account to meet future legal fees as advised in our cost estimates; and then following through with e mails or phone calls to clients.
- Developing and improving debt recovery process and letter templates
- Working with management to improve our cash flow and reduce our cost base through negotiation with key suppliers
The ideal candidate:
- You must be a Credit Controller with a previous background in credit control
- You must have strong maths and organisational skills and have an inherent attention to detail
- You must have a good working knowledge of the Solicitor's Accounts Rules, Anti-Money Laundering regulations and other compliance rules
- You must be PC literate, with experience of Microsoft packages such as Outlook and Word and an excellent knowledge of Excel
- You must have prior experience of case management systems. Knowledge of ALB (formerly IRIS Law Business) would be beneficial but is not essential
- You will be pro-active, professional and personable
- You will be a team player and also able to manage your own workload with high levels of accuracy
- You will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You will have at least five GCSEs at C grade or higher, including English, and a B grade or higher in Maths.
- You will ideally be part qualified or at least have a degree level education.
Sorry, this job is no longer available