£48,000 - £52,000 + bonus + benefits
Who they are
They are one of the largest independent investment advisers and managers in the UK with over £42bn of assets under management and advice.
The Role Reporting to the Group Financial Controller and supervising 2 staff, this is a wide ranging role which includes:-
- Responsible for the production from start to finish of the management accounts for all companies within your designated business areas - including preparation and posting of all income and expenditure journals.
- Responsible for dealing with a high volume of transactions under tight timescales - requiring the need to be hands on.
- Monthly reporting of management accounts for all companies within your designated business areas (P&L, Balance Sheet) within agreed set deadlines, reporting results to Group Financial Controller and Finance Business Partner.
- Day to day staff management includsing training and mentoring responsibilities for two people andl also annual performance and development reviews for these direct reports.
- To liaise with the Head of Business Partnering on monthly management accounts and issues with the information provided from the businesses.
- To liaise with the business on day to day issues particularly around information required to produce the month end.
- Monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts ensuring reports are prepared for a detailed balance sheet control account review.
- Preparation of cost and income analysis schedules as required by the Head of Business Partnering.
- Preparation of year end information for external audit and to be the main point of contact with external auditors and advisors as required regarding any aspect of the financial information.
- To undertake Ad hoc projects as required by the senior finance team from time to time.
- Preparation of quarterly financial information for the Board meetings.
Who They Are Looking For
To be considered for this excellent role, you must meet the following criteria:
- Qualified Accountant with experience of dealing with senior management.
- Previous or current experience of management accounts and good Excel skills
- Experience of workflow management.
- Experience of managing a small team
- Self-motivated and good team player. Well organised and able to work to tight deadlines
- Good communicator - written and verbal.
- Flexible attitude and ability to work in a continuous changing and developing environment