Management / Financial Accountant
£25000 - £28000 + benefits + study package
North West London / Hertfordshire Borders
Expanding private equity backed financial services company with an excellent growth track record with ambitions of continued expansion over next 5 years. They have recently added a new product to their product offering and plan a further additions in probably 18 months time. They have a firm belief in developing talent from within and the right candidate has great opportunity to develop within the group. Most of their employees live north of London (or in north London) and enjoy the benefits of a work life balance (9am - 6pm) reduced commuting (time & cost benefit) and also the opportunity to work within a thriving and growing business. For this role financial services is not essential at all but might be beneficial.
Working in a small finance team and becoming the No 2 to the team leader responsible for reporting on both existing products. The role includes the following
- Assist production of daily & monthly P&L for bridging loan portfolio
- Daily Reconciliations
- Daily Client Money controls
- Production of redemption/completion statements for loans
- Assist with production of Statutory accounts
- Maintain Quick books general ledger
- Maintain Lending static file & assist with bank funding requests / reporting
- Provide backup for all other resources in team of 6. The idea is that the company has the capacity to ensure that they have at least 2 people as experts for each process they do daily/weekly/monthly).
- Rotate in other roles to cover holiday/sickness/rotation requirements
- System testing resource for finance aspects of bespoke product system.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- A numerate part qualified CIMA / ACCA studier (probably halfway or towards halfway through qualification) educated to at least A Level standard.
- Between 1 - 4 years experience of working in an accounting/commercial type role.
- Good management accounting skills essential including experience of accruals/prepayments as part of monthly management accounts.
- Good Excel skills and understanding.
- Financial services experience is not necessary although beneficial