To £60000 + Bonus + Benefits
London - City Area
Well known legal firm with a an excellent role within a busy finance department. The role is available on a permanent or temp to perm basis.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Accountant (qualified, part qualified or QBE) with good knowledge of FRS.
- Previous experience of accounting within a law firm or professional services partnership/LLP (law firm strong preference).
- Previous experience of working in an accounts preparation environment, including foreign exchange transactions and large consolidations.
- Previous experience of payroll accounting essential and good Excel skills.
To assist the Financial Reporting Manager in providing the global firm with prompt, accurate and timely reports, and to support the Financial Controller. The role is global in nature and you will be responsible for some entities within the group. Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for accounting for a number of entities and including preparing journals for payroll and completing the monthly payroll reconciliations.
- Assisting in reconciliation of balance sheet accounts including intercompany balances, ensuring reporting and review processes for such balances are adhered to
- Intercompany billing including calculation of transfer pricing between entities
- Drafting of commentary on the above results for various circulation groups (board level, directors, banks, wider firm circulation). Liaising with partners and office managers as necessary.
- Supporting the planning and budgeting process of the firm including drafting of budgets and cashflow forecasts for teams and international offices
- Assist the Financial Reporting Manager in meeting the requirements of other regulatory and statistical reporting
- Ensuring information is published on the intranet site on a timely basis
- Ongoing development and testing of the firm's management information system as well as assisting with reporting improvements
- Maintenance of the General Ledger, including the preparation and posting of journals
- Working closely with Financial Controller on adhoc tasks and projects that arise within the department and the wider firm as necessary
- Development of how management information is used within the firm, including assisting the Financial Controller with the design of procedures and processes for effective and timely reporting across the group