£48,000 - £52,000 + bonus + benefits
Who they are
They are one of the largest independent investment advisers and managers in the UK with over £42bn of assets under management and advice. This well established firm provides actuarial advice, pension's consultancy, administration, risk and investment consultancy to over 900 pension scheme including a large portion of FTSE companies. They are leaders in industry developments with a group of over 800 dedicated, professional staff who value collegiate relationships and creative, innovated thinking.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller and supervising 2 staff, this is a wide ranging role which includes:-
- Responsible for the production of the management accounts for all companies within your designated group from start to finish- including preparation and posting of all income and expenditure journals.
- Responsible for dealing with a high volume of transactions under tight timescales - requiring the need to be hands on.
- Monthly reporting of management accounts for all companies within your designated group (P&L, Balance Sheet) within agreed set deadlines, reporting results to Group Financial Controller and Finance Business Partner.
- Day to day staff management responsibilities for a Finance Assistant and an Assistant Management Accountant. To undertake performance and development reviews for these direct reports at least annually. To provide adequate training and mentoring to ensure that competency requirements of the direct reports are met in full.
- To liaise with the Head of Business Partnering on monthly management accounts and issues with the information provided from the businesses.
- To liaise with the business on day to day issues particularly around information required to produce the month end.
- Monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts ensuring reports are prepared for a detailed balance sheet control account review.
- Preparation of cost and income analysis schedules as required by the Head of Business Partnering.
- Preparation of year end information for external audit and to be the main point of contact with external auditors and advisors as required regarding any aspect of the financial information.
- To implement efficiencies where ever possible.
- To undertake Ad hoc projects as required by the senior finance team from time to time.
- Preparation of quarterly financial information for the Board meetings.
- To assist management with the implementation and monitoring of a robust internal control
Who They Are Looking For
To be considered for this excellent role, you must meet the following criteria
- Qualified Accountant (1 - 5 years PQE) with experience of dealing with senior management.
- Previous or current experience of management accounts and good Excel skills
- Experience of workflow management.
- Experience of managing a small team
- Self-motivated and good team player. Well organised and able to work to tight deadlines
- Good communicator - written and verbal.
- Flexible attitude and ability to work in a continuous changing and developing environment