£45,000 - £50000 + bonus + benefits
City of London
They are a major Insurance and Reinsurance Broker with Risk Management services.
The firm is looking for a Management Accountant to work with the senior Management Accountant with the Reinsurance line of business. The role includes providing operational support and partnering with the global Reinsurance business areas based across London and an offshore team.
- Monthly management accounting in co-ordination with the offshore team involving the presentation and analysis for senior management and the group;
- Financial analysis and reporting of revenue, costs and other commercial metrics;
- Assisting with monthly rolling forecasts including latest revenue updates and variances to costs;
- Assisting with the annual global budget compilation;
- Assisting in the production of the three year strategic plans;
- Assisting with the annual submission of Statutory UK accounts;
- Assisting with any regulatory/compliance work to include Client Money and Retail Mediation Activities Returns, Threshold Condition 4;
- Carry out monthly payroll checking and global staff cost analysis in liaison with HR team;
- Assisting and upskilling colleagues in the use of various brokerage reporting systems;
- Work on or lead ad-hoc financial or regulatory reporting projects as required.
Who they are looking for
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA);
- Good understanding of IFRS & UK GAAP;
- A background in Insurance Financial Services is essential;
- Excellent Excel and related computer skills;
- A strong team player - self-motivated, industrious and works well under pressure;
- Highly numerate with excellent analytical skills;
- Confident and able to communicate effectively at all levels;
- Strong commercial awareness.