Management Accountant / Financial Accountant
£50,000 - £65,000 + bonus + benefits
They are an award winning alternative asset manager focused on active value investment strategies in companies up to £1 billion of equity value and build exceptional value for all their stakeholders. They invest in smaller and medium sized businesses £100 million to £1.5 billion. The company is now looking for an looking for an ambitious and self-motivated individual to join a growing team in a newly created role.
Reporting to the Finance Director and working within a smaller medium sized asset management environment, they wish to identify someone with a hands-on style, who is independent with a problem-solving approach and who is proactive and able to work on their own initiative. A high degree of accuracy is required. Your responsibilities will include:
- Produce monthly management accounts including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Assist in the production of the annual budget and periodic forecasting.
- Financial reporting for the public companies in our fund
- Provide ad hoc management reporting.
- On-going review of cash flow and production of forecasts.
- Produce annual UK statutory accounts for the UK Group .
- Calculation, presentation and payment of VAT.
- Contribute towards FCA reporting and compliance with all financial regulations.
- There is also the opportunity to become involved on the fund accounting side of the business, assisting the team in reporting to management and investors on the funds run by the Group
- Carry out continuous reviews of working accounting practices and processes to ensure efficient and cost effective operations.
Who They Are Looking For
To be considered by this outstanding company and excellent opportunity where you can make the role your own, you must meet the following essential criteria:
- A qualified accountant with experience working within an asset / investment manager or third party administrator
- Desire to work successfully in a small company environment.
- A minimum of three years' experience working with similar roles and responsibilities.
- Experience of preparing management accounts, consolidations of companies and LLPs, FCA Gabriel reporting, Statutory accounts preparation for UK companies and LLPs.Statutory accounts preparation for UK companies and LLPs. Statutory accounts preparation for UK companies and LLPs.
- Preparation of VAT returns, liaising with tax advisers on tax returns.
Nice to haves
- Some exposure to unlisted fund reporting would be useful
- Familiarity with Sage and Caseware.
- Experience of reporting in a listed environment - preparing AIM accounts and short form accounts.