Management Accounting Assistant Manager
£48000 - £55000 + Bonus + Benefits
Growing London operation of international banking group with global assets $20billion. The business comprises FX/MM, commercial and wholesale banking together with retail activities. No equity trading is undertaken.
To aid the Manager of Financial Control in providing a complete financial reporting service internally, to Group Finance, IBG Finance, local management including profitability reporting and annual budgeting, ensuring rigorous financial control disciplines are adhered to in respect of the general ledger and related financial systems and MIS, to prepare regular, accurate and timely financial accounts in Head Office format to include adjustments as advised by the Financial Controller. The role included the following:
- Produce and finalise reports: Daily PL & BS, Average balance sheets, monthly GFRP.
- Produce profit Centre reports including cost reports.
- IBG data enrichment report - includes Fee details, Off balance sheet details.
- Recording all sundry operational costs monthly.
- Assist in production of IBG reports.
- Produce timely account reconciliation for "Accruals & provision" accounts.
- Send out and correlate the return and review of Departmental Suspense accounts.
- Aid the Manager FCD in the preparation of the annual budget process and provide information for the completion of statutory accounts.
- Supervision of other FCD accounting personnel.
- Reviewing Invoice payments and Verifying same. Ensure cleanliness of the core data to be downloaded to the MIS.
- To prepare mid-month forecasts, monthly estimates, quarter & full year Reforecasts.
- In conjunction with the Manager of Financial Control, maintain and further develop new methods to improve management reporting and control.
- To carry out ad-hoc work as requested by the Manager Financial Control.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
In order to be considered for this role you should meet the following criteria:
- Part qualified/qualified accountant (ACCA.ACMA,ACA) with financial reporting experience of circa 5 years plus within a banking environment
- Strong PC and spreadsheet skills to an advanced level are necessary.
- Analytical skills combined with the ability to work under significant pressure.
- Well developed interpersonal skills are an advantage.