Market Risk Analyst
£50,000 - £65,000
They are a leading brokerage house with over 40 years' experience in FX and derivatives is looking for a market risk analyst to join their market risk team.
THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- At least 3yrs business related experience and at least 1 years market risk related experience
- Ability to evaluate and analyse positions and PNL for proprietary portfolios.
- Background in mathematics or similar quantitative field
- Solid understanding of FX and exchange-traded derivatives products
- High level of VBA essential, SQL would be advantageous
- Good communication skills.
- Good team player
The role reports to the Head of Market & Liquidity Risk. Working alongside the market risk manager, you will primarily perform the day-to-day running of the department. This role would suit a dynamic individual who wants to significantly improve their skillset and increase their responsibilities within both the department and the firm. The responsibilities include:
- Preparation and analysis of daily market risk reports, including, but not limited to, VaR, stressed VaR, Initial Margin, stress testing, cash flow, PnL, operational risk
- Verification of limits set on ETPs by automatic processes and HK office
- Dealing with rejections on ETPs intraday
- Maintenance of central market risk database
- Preparation of the reports to be presented at the monthly Risk Committee
- Review and improvement of the existing Market Risk models
- Ad-hoc project work and analysis
- Occasional cover for the Hong Kong office