Market Risk Manager
£60,000 - £70,000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are a major investment manager group with AUM of over £100 billion. They are highly regarded and have a strong employee involvement and a culture of fostering career development and employee participation. They have ambitions to be amongst the top 4 investment management groups in Europe.
You will ensure that both Funds and the Management Company have a fully functioning risk management framework which is compliant with all risk management principles, polices and rules and other applicable risk management regulations. You will ensure the activities of the company's UK Domiciled UCITS and AIFs are conducted effectively and efficiently, ensuring full risk management coverage subject to the risk management requirements set under the FCA. The Risk Management UK team is responsible for the overall risk oversight and control of the Management Company and of the Funds. The key responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Responsible for the UK Risk Management process, ensuring it addresses all risks to which the funds are exposed and that it is maintained and up to date.
- Development of risk reporting covering both UK UCITS and Alternative Investment Funds working closely with the Investment Risk team on further enhancing or development of risk reporting.
- Responsible for regular and periodic risk reporting to both Board of Directors of the funds, Investment Trust Board of Directors and the Management Company.
- Responsible for both internal and external client related queries relating to Risk on the UK funds.
- Project participation involving UK funds.
- Assist with ongoing due diligence reviews by Depositaries and clients.
- Event reporting and trend analysis to identify key issues across fund ranges.
- Supporting the Group's Risk Management Framework.
- Carry out risk based audits on key risk topics contained within the Risk Management Process.
- Complete fund risk documents detailing monitoring requirements per fund.
- Ensure AIFMD disclosures remain in line with regulatory requirements.
- Oversight and review of Investment Risk's monitoring, stress and back-testing reports and liquidity risk reporting using an audit based approach.
- Work with Compliance Advisory on regulatory updates/changes and ensure RMP and risk programme are updated accordingly.
Who They Are Looking For
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent / similar market experience.
- A good understanding of risk methodologies and risk metrics used across various asset classes.
- Ability to interpret and challenge risk metrics.
- Good reporting writing and presentation skills.
- A good knowledge of investment process and strategy across asset classes including alternative asset classes.
- Ability to form and manage relationships and to communicate at all levels.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy and strong Excel skills needed.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
An understanding of UCITS and AIFMD rules would be beneficial.