The role supports the Trading Desk team in its daily activities and takes care of the first-line operational processing of transactions.
Other key responsibilities will include working alongside the Trading Desk in improving and enhancing internal procedures & controls, processes or tools as well as in documenting issues and reporting operational solutions.
Finally, he/she will be responsible for the investigation and resolution of any trade discrepancies and variations in portfolio reconciliations in collaboration with other ancillary teams and as necessary senior management
* Reconcile and validate trade capture and daily trading activity in timely and accurate manner.
* Perform regular reconciliations between cash and security legs of transactions.
* Assist in booking new trades from term sheets obtained from Front Office or banking counterparts.
* Review and validate both physical asset and derivative trade confirmations provided by banks.
* Coordinate with Front Office and Accounting Functions and liaise with banking counterparts to resolve any post trade or settlement issues.
* Review and confirm all Trading Desk operating & brokerage fees on a monthly basis.
* Assist in resolving trade discrepancies caused from trade failures, breaks, etc.
* Liaise with the CFO to remediate any issues or queries in an efficient manner.
* Run daily risk checks and portfolio reconciliations and contribute to the generation of risk reports (utilising and improving upon the existing IT / risk systems used by the company.)
* In collaboration with back office teams understand and utilise record keeping / database software to aid colleagues with current and historical trade data extraction and analysis
* Coordinate with CFO, front office and other support teams to address trade related enquiries and issues.
* Prepare and deliver internal statements to senior management.
* Play a key role within the control framework to monitor internal dealing to identify/escalate potential fraudulent or unusual trading activity.
* Manage cash and derivative transactions in timely and accurate manner.
* Maintain integrity and confidentiality of all trade related data.
* Assist the CFO to support, test, and improve on IT tools' functionality and internal processes.