Accountancy and Finance
Accountancy & Audit
|Salary:||£45000 - £50000 per annum + bonus + benefits|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Newly Qualified Accountant
£40000 - £50000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are a successful trading and investments group with a focus on commodity trading dealing in oil, carbon, power and gas as well as managing two energy focussed hedge funds. They are also involved in venture capital start-ups in the energy sector. Their environment is fast moving with a proactive culture which encourages employees to use initiative and actively contribute to success in always changing environment. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to begin a career in financial services and become exposed to a wide variety of tasks and financial instruments in a fast moving trading environment.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Newly/Recently qualified accountant and a keen interest in financial instruments;
- Able to use Excel regularly to an advanced level, understanding complex formulae;
- Have an eye for detail and a hands-on approach and be a team player with a flexible mind-set;
- Have a strong and demonstrable interest in IT and automation;
Other useful attributes to offer (although not a requirement these are desirable):
- Knowledge of financial products;
- Knowledge of the energy sector;
- Experience in working with accounting standards and producing financial statements;
Working as part of a team of 5, the role is relatively fluid, allowing you to have responsibility in an ever-changing business environment.
The prime focus of the role is on supervising trade and cash processing and maintaining strict controls;
Investigating differences, revaluing financial instruments, and reconciling P&L to the trading system;
You will become familiar with exchange traded FCM statements and OTC products; both spot trades and a range of derivatives including futures, forwards, options, swaps and swaptions, all traded in major currencies.
Exposure to a wide variety of tasks covering: Financial Statements, management accounts, VAT and corporation tax plus regulatory filings.