Operational Risk Analyst
£60,000 - £71,500 + Excellent benefits + Bonus
They are a well known and strongly established banking group with a unique brand history who offer their customers a truly personalised experience. The bank has strong employee values and is a highly collegiate environment. Apart from a good working environment you will also get a work life balance in an interesting role and get to see the whole of the banks business operations.
Skills and Qualifications Needed
- Operational Risk experience
- Experience of Enterprise Wide Operational Risk and issue management solutions would be helpful from perspective of appreciation of application and operation in Operational Risk management environment;
- Relevant experience in risk management, within a financial services environment;
- A working knowledge of risk management techniques, such as risk assessment or root cause analysis is advantageous;
- Strong communication skills;
- Confidence, ability to operate at multiple venues including senior management committees;
- Self-starter, intellectually curious and collaborative, ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Relevant professional Risk qualification.
You will be responsible for assisting the Head of Risk working as a member of the Operational Risk Team to support the implementation and operation and maintenance of the Operational Risk Management Framework. You will promote the three lines of defence model and a culture of ownership and accountability for risk across the bank. You will work with Risk Owners at all levels, Compliance and Internal Audit, External Auditors. The role will be a supportive role in Regulatory engagements as appropriate. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of Operational Risk Policy to ensure that the policy reflects best practice.
- Primary responsibility for management and maintenance of the Incident Management System, aggregating and analysing risk events reported by the business units.
- Escalation and oversight of serious notifiable events in line with policy to closure.
- Performing a monthly reconciliation and review of the risk events reported to Risk Management, Finance and Forensic departments.
- Performing root cause analyses on identified risk events or complaints to recommend improvements to prevent these risk events from re-occurring in future.
- Lead the enterprise-wide examination of incidents reported via the Incident Management System via appropriate engagement with the business reporting, findings, lessons learned and recommendations to the Management Committee.
- Taking a lead role via the Risk and Control Self-Assessment process assisting with the identification of key risks and mitigating controls in business units, as well as action plans to address any gaps in the mitigating measures identified.
- Monitoring the implementation of action plans to address medium and high key risk indicators reported monthly to Risk Management.
- Analysing identified trends in the key risk indicators reported to Management/Audit Risk Committee.
- Oversight, management and maintenance of the Central Risk Register.
- Assisting the Operational Risk in preparing reports to the Audit Risk Committee, Management Committee and Board.