Operational Risk Associate
TO £35,000 + 15% Non-Con Pension + Bonus + Benefits
Central London - Hybrid working
Growing London operation of international banking group with global assets $50billion. The business comprises private banking, commercial and wholesale banking together with retail activities. They have a truly international culture and very cosmopolitan as well as collegiate culture. A key aspect of this job is the development of operational risk skills, so a commitment to learning and development is essential.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
Have had at least one job experience in banking and understands banking products and processes.
* A commitment to learning & development and undertake and successfully complete operational risk certification (if you do not have one). Essential
* Willing to manage all information on risk and improve its presentation, and storage and improve as needed. Essential
* Structured thinking and analytical skills, ability to express ideas succinctly.
* Competent in the use of end-user computing tools including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Teams.
* A team player who is creative and adaptable.
* Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills.
Desirable qualifications & experience
* Operational Risk Management from a first line of defence perspective or equivalent.
Reporting to the Operational Risk Manager, you will be required to support the Operational Risk Team, driving the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Bank's 2nd line of defence. You will manage all information on risk and improve its presentation, and storage and improve as needed. A key aspect of this job is the development of operational risk skills, so a commitment to learning and development is essential. Responsibilities include the following:
* Developing and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders
* Management and oversight of the end-to-end Events Management process
* Tracking closure of RCSA & Risk Event actions, ensuring Risk Events trigger a review of corresponding RCSA risks & controls.
* Maintaining master RCSA and Risk Event inventories and other Operational Risk records and data.
Policy Framework and Governance:
Supporting the Operational Risk Lead with the management and update of the:
* Operational Risk Management Framework
* Risk Event Standard
* Risk and Control Self-Assessment Standard
* Model Governance Policy
* Product Governance
* Risk Event Management: ensure policy & process understanding, undertake analysis of test and assurance activities, embedding within the respective units.
* Understand and influence key stakeholders
* Maintain good working relationships with all areas of the Bank.
* Roll up their sleeves where necessary.
* Undertake professional development to close skill gaps.