To provide input into, and assist in the development of, the design, measurement, evaluation and reporting of operational risk across all areas of the business globally, and provide clear risk information to the Board Risk Committee and the Executive Committee, upon which business decisions may be made.
Main Duties & responsibilities:
- Facilitate the embedding of a culture of risk management throughout the business on a global basis by actively cultivating and maintaining key relationships, proactively providing advice and support on risk management issues and demonstrating to Management the benefits to be derived from such a culture.
- Provide input into the development, management and maintenance of our clients operational risk framework, incorporating management tools, techniques and reports to support the business, ExCo, BRC and regulators.
- These include, but are not limited to: risk appetite, risk and control self- assessment, risk indicators and risk event evaluation.
- Proactively contribute to the process for evaluating and rectifying incidents across the business, chairing major incident committees where relevant, ensuring swift resolution of the incident and that client interest is central to the process, capturing root causes, lessons learnt, ensuring actions for future risk mitigation are implemented and relevance to other business areas or processes is considered.
- Strong relationship building attributes enabling solid relationships to be developed with all levels of the business
- Professional credibility gained through relevant operational risk experience
- The strength of character to be able to present risk management and compliance issues firmly to senior management and deliver appropriate challenge when necessary
- Pro-active team player who will be an ambassador for operational risk management in the firm
- Strong communication, reporting and presentation skills
- A multi-tasker who focuses on delivery with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Deals well with pressurised situations, focusing on the task in hand and objective solutions
- The ability to act under their own initiative and be able to influence a variety of stakeholders, including senior management, in order to achieve their objectives
- A strong problem solving, analytical and objective mindset
- Educated to degree level or holding a relevant professional qualification e.g. Accountancy, Risk Management, CFA etc.
- Significant previous financial services Operational Risk experience, ideally in the Asset Management sector
WE REGRET THAT DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICANTS ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES CAN BE CONTACTED.