1 year contract
£25,000 with 10% retention bonus on completion of the contract
They are a specialist life insurance group based in London with a strong brand name and a reputation for success. They are very profitable. They have a strong collegiate environment and although very commercial, is a place where employees enjoy working. They also offer excellent career opportunities and are supportive.
Responsible for providing support to the Operations function. This includes: filing, creation of notified claims, analysis of client data and client accounts, data input, creation of retrocession records, credit control, liaising with other departments in the organisation.
- Data Management including, maintaining filing including click to scan(both paper and electronic), maintenance of records on client accounting system
- Performing aspects of accumulation control and indexing procedures.
- Performing aspects credit control and cash receipts processes.
- Performing aspects of OFAC checking.
- Preparing retrocessionnaire renewals, billings and supporting documentation.
- Ensuring claims are created promptly and in accordance with treaty conditions.
- Create and maintain full and accurate client files both in paper and electronic formats.
- Update management reports as and when necessary.
- Develop effective working relationships with colleagues across the organisation to ensure both client and internal customer needs are met.
- Assist with or take ownership of any ad hoc tasks as necessary.
Who they are looking for
- Relevant experience in the insurance industry generally.
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage pro-actively a varied and demanding workload.
- Ability to prioritise and get the job done in a multi-tasked, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work calmly and professionally under pressure.
- Ability to demonstrate a flexible approach.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills - written, verbal and listening.
- Good influencing skills and ability to challenge where appropriate.
- Deliver to a high personal standard.
Key Skills and attributes
- Demonstrates an appropriate level of technical skills for their role and an appreciation of current issues affecting their profession and the life reinsurance industry.
- Takes responsibility for quality, completeness and accuracy of work.
- Shows initiative, flexibility and resourcefulness.
- Critically evaluates and challenges current work practices.
- Is able to deal with challenging deadlines and prioritises effectively.
- Provides accurate and timely updates on status of work and escalates issues appropriately.
- Participates actively in meetings, has 'meeting presence'.
- Is a committed team member who shares information, knowledge, and experience openly
- Communicates in a clear and practical manner both verbally and in writing.
- Has a good timekeeping and attendance record.