|Location:||West End, London|
|Salary:||£30000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus and Bens|
|Job Published:||over 2 years ago|
Operations Assistant - Private Banking
£30,000 - £35,000
UK-based private banking arm of a prestigious global firm. Their activities encompass banking and credit, financial planning, investment management, offshore trust and company formation and management.
To ensure that all settlement aspects of the department function properly within the normal timeframes for each transaction type, in accordance with operating procedures, regulatory requirements and market conventions. Your duties will be to ensure that every applicable trade and payment is captured on the cash positions in the designated currency; at set intervals convey these balances to the treasury. You'll process all aspect of FX, FX Options and money market trading including YES certificates. You'll also report all material facts, including exceptions to the line manager in a timely manner. You're other duties will include (but not limited to):
- Manage and monitor Cash positions with your supervisor ensuring all items processed with value today, tomorrow are positioned as appropriate.
- Ensure that Nostro accounts are operated in an efficient manner, effect payment instructions upon receipt of duly authorised instructions and that corresponding entries are passed under correct value date.
- Incoming payments; monitoring and booking, positioning, distribution to other departments. Checking authenticated pre-advices for third party payments whenever appropriate to ensure the correct value date is applied.
- Input/Authorisation, settlement and positioning of treasury trades.
- Monitor SWIFT and other reports of outstanding confirmations and ensure that outstanding confirmations are investigated, chased and duly recorded. At COB print closing reports and note reasons for un-matched and unconfirmed items.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a financial services Settlements department.
- Demonstrated ability to apply theoretical knowledge in work context.
- Trade processing and settlement knowledge.
- Swift knowledge of payments and confirmations.
- Solid excel skills.
- Regulatory reporting knowledge (Trade reporting of eligible EMIR/MIFID trades).
- Derivatives knowledge.
- Good system skills and application to the business.