The purpose of this role is to set up and manage the operations of a new bank to deliver cost effective retail funding to support business lending plans; initially you'll be tasked with setting up the operations of the new bank, both for deposits and loans.
Pragmatic in approach, you'll have experience with people management, IT systems and solid understanding of compliance.
You'll be responsible for overseeing, monitoring and improving the operations function, managing and developing a small team, and ensuring the company satisfies its legal and regulatory requirements.
As a candidate you'll have worked in a FCA and PRA regulated environment, and be able to implement and maintain regulatory standards as they evolve. You'll also be able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills, project management experience and a knowledge of systems.
In short, the role has a lot to it and is after someone who really wants a challenge and wants to make themselves stand out.
- Operational management of retail deposits and savings accounts with responsibility for delivering key metrics and support targets (Volumes, Value, STP rates).
- Operational management of the loans function (bridging, auction and commercial loans).
- Involvement in development and delivery of new products including all elements required to bring them to market in a compliant manner.
- Acting as the first line defence with regard to conduct risk, compliance and product management regulation.
- Undertaking root cause analysis of compliant data and customer feedback and recommending changes as appropriate.
- Recent experience working in a savings/current accounts and loans products role, as an operations manager. You'll also have a proven track record of successful delivery.
- Working knowledge of UK payments infrastructure.
- MIS skills, project management skills and experience of managing external vendors.
- Experience managing an online savings account offering.
- Evidence of innovation, recommendations and decision making and outstanding commercial understanding.
- Project management skills - understanding of the full product life cycle, including acquisition and retention.
- Understanding of the competitive and regulatory environment for retail depository management.
- Candidates with a strong academic background preferred, or qualified by experience.
- A highly motivated self-starter, with a passion to deliver goals and objectives.
- Strong leadership qualities; you'll need to collaborate with all areas of the business and form a collective, and initiate change. You'll also display passion of leadership that carries the business forward.
- Focused on delivery.
- Candidates that have been an operations manager in retail banking are preferred and at a distinct advantage.