Operations Manager - Mortgages & Lending
£50000 - £65000 + Bonus + Benefits
N W London / Hertfordshire Borders
Expanding Private equity backed specialist lender based in the North West London / Hertfordshire commuter belt. The role reports to the Managing Director and is responsible for the management and operational performance of the broking processes within the company. The role is responsible for the overall operational activities across new business team, mortgage broking department and the underwriting team and actively contribute to the operational development of the business.
- Development of highly skilled and competent underwriting and advising teams
- Implement / evolve effective controls across all processes and procedures which minimises the risk of error and promotes an efficient, compliant and robust underwriting / advising decisions.
- Internal and external quality assurance checking identifies no material issues
- Management and development of underwriting and mortgage broking teams to successfully and efficiently case manage loans through to completion.
- Increase in output and productivity across the company
- Lead and manage any Operational Projects to their successful implementation
- Manage delivery of SLAs.
- Work with Compliance to help enhance manage, embed and deliver the regulatory requirements and procedures ensuring best practise installed within the underwriting and servicing procedures. Ensure policies, procedures and processes documented and up to date.
- Increase conversion rates.
- Develop and promote clear standards of performance within advising and underwriting which support the Company Training and Competency Policy
- Implement required training and ensure adequate records of staff training and competence are maintained
- System sponsor for the Apex system which will include helping develop effective systems and processes, providing specifications and UAT.
- Annual review of efficiency potential to target 10% operational savings.
- Carry out all statutory and regulatory responsibilities inherent in the role and ensure these are met in all areas of operational responsibility
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Extensive experience of all underwriting and servicing activities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical, decisive and assertive
- Takes ownership and responsibility and is results oriented with a proactive style
- Significant management experiencer
- Approachable and self- motivated
- Comprehensive knowledge of Mortgage and Loan industry and Regulations