To £35000 - £38000 + plus Benefits, bonus and study package
Cameron Kennedy is delighted to partner with a growing commodity trading firm which specialises in oil, gas and energy trading as well as hedge funds and Venture Capital start-ups. You will not get bored in this role. They are looking for someone with flair, who is numerate, positive and wants to learn and develop and definitely wishes to qualify as an accountant. You don't need to have had any exposure to financial services but a strong willingness to get involved and an interest in learning about the commodity trading industry, the company and its products what they do and what they are composed of. You also need a good communication skills.
They are a successful trading and investments group with a focus on commodity trading dealing in oil, carbon, power and gas as well as managing two energy focussed hedge funds. They are also involved in venture capital start-ups in the energy sector. Their environment is fast moving with a proactive culture which encourages employees to use initiative and actively contribute to success in always changing environment. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a career in financial services and become exposed to a wide variety of tasks and financial instruments in a fast moving trading environment.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
* Graduate in any discipline (but not Accounting degree) and have taken no more than 4 - 8 professional CIMA or ACCA exams. Could be studying AAT and did not attend university
* Strong academics including a strong class of degree and strong A level grades;
* Highly numerate, with 12 to 24 months experience after graduation in an accounting role;
* Able to use Excel regularly and spreadsheets as well as mathematics;
* Have an eye for detail and a hands-on approach and be a team player with a flexible mind-set;
* Have a strong and demonstrable interest in becoming a qualified accountant and pursuing a career in accountancy;
* You will be a team player, and have a strong desire to learn.
* Working as part of a team of 5, reporting to the Finance Director and joining as a PQ within a dynamic and growing finance department, this is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to develop further their career in accountancy.
* You will be exposed to a variety of businesses and financial products, analysing and reconciling data as well as preparing financial reports and management and financial accounts. You will also gain an understanding of booking, system processing, cross border transactions, management reporting and business analysis. You will be responsible for the transaction full cycle from initial recognition to preparation of Financial Statements.
* You will work with Excel spreadsheets and Sage accounting software.
* Additionally when required you will gain exposure to a wide variety of tasks covering, management accounts, VAT and corporation tax plus regulatory filings.