- A university degree
- Minimum of 3 years payment experience in the banking sector (essential)
- Knowledge of SWIFT payment messaging (essential)
- Excellent customer service skills (desirable)
- Strong analytical skills
- Supervisory skills to ensure effectiveness of operations.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain poise under pressure
- Prioritise tasks and resources so as to maximise efficiency and cost
- Attention to detail
- Awareness of the importance of Customer satisfaction, operational efficiency and profitability of the bank.
- Awareness of Anti Money Laundering policies (essential)
- Ensure the expeditious processing of transactions accurately and in line with set service standards, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
- Maintain complete, accurate and reliable records of transactions and a clear audit trail to ensure compliance with all bank's operational policies and procedures
- Effective supervision of your team to ensure efficiency, strict compliance with controls, capacity management and performance optimisation
- Ensure awareness and alertness to money laundering risks and adherence to set anti-money laundering procedures
- Strong liaison with the Compliance department, ensuring implementation of compliance policies and procedures and proactively alerting compliance issues
- Ensure timely identification of point of service failures and the implementation of corrective measures
- Liaise with other business units to ensure efficient service delivery.
- Ensure prompt reconciliation and proofing of all ledger accounts and efficient resolution of long-standing reconciliation items.
- Adopting a zero tolerance for processing errors and ensuring that all errors are identified and addressed same day.