Accountancy and Finance
|Salary:||£20 - £25 per hour|
|Duration:||Temp to perm|
|Job Published:||over 4 years ago|
The individual will be responsible for a portfolio of clients' pension scheme accounts and be accountable for their reporting activities.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
As senior fund accountant you will have accountability for the service delivery and quality of year end accounting services to the administration clients in line with client expectations and legal and internal timescales. Within the role key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing pension scheme Trustee Report & Accounts.
- Reconciling investment transactions.
- Liaising with auditors and investment managers.
- Preparing self-assessment tax returns.
- Providing assistance with cash books and pensioner payrolls.
- Ensuring the accurate updating of time recording system (Virtual Office) for both chargeable and non-chargeable activities.
- Updating and reviewing procedures and templates used by the team.
- Providing expert advice to pensions accounts queries, keeping abreast of technical and legislative developments within the pensions accounts industry.
- Ensuring company policies and working procedures are implemented and adhered to by self.
- Participation in the company's Administration's marketing initiatives, new business activities, attending new business pitches and company events.
- Forging strong working relationships with other teams in order to provide a total service to our clients. E.g. Administration, Payroll, Client Banking, Actuaries.
Knowledge & experience
- A proven accounting background gained within either an accounting practice or a third party pensions provider. Experience should include a broad knowledge of accounting techniques including reconciliation, year end processes etc.
- Previous Pensions Fund Accounting (PFA) experience would be desirable although not essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience of Profund Aviary would be of advantage.
- Previous experience of checking work of other team members.
- Ideally experience of managing key processes within a PFA environment.
Training, education & qualification
To have successfully attained a recognised accountancy qualification, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA etc.
(Although, applicants deemed 'qualified by experience' would be considered.)
Skills, abilities & personal qualities
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- An aptitude for working with people both internal and external of the organisation.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities, able to forge strong working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Continuing to augment technical pensions accounting knowledge as well as keeping abreast of legislative changes and is seen as a source of advice to others.
- Continues to seek ways of innovating and improving quality, service delivery and efficiencies in processes and procedures.
- Outstanding communicator, able to communicate effectively, professionally and concisely in writing, face to face and over the telephone.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic approach to work, in particular taking responsibility for personal and technical continuous professional development.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Able to take ownership and responsibility for own work.
- An ability to manage conflicting demands on one's time and able to work to tight deadlines in order to meet client and legal obligations.
- Capable of anticipating, resolving and owning problems; identifying solutions to management as and when required.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.
Sorry, this job is no longer available
Location: London, England
Salary: £70000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Part Time Company Accountant / Management Accountant
Location: London, England
Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum + PRO-RATED
Accounts Receivable - Assistant Accountant
Location: City of London, London
Salary: £25000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits