Portfolio On-boarding Analyst
£45,000 - £50,000 + Bonus + Benefits
A fantastic opportunity with a Global Asset Management Firm has arisen. They require an analyst to join the Portfolio on boarding team within the central London office.
The Portfolio Onboarding team supports the Investment Division by managing initial setup and ongoing maintenance of external money manager relationships, internal direct investing strategies, new product/fund launches, and 3rd party assignments. You will help to ensure that proper and prudent risk control measures, policies, and procedures are developed, documented, and implemented to effectively manage business risk and maximize organizational efficiency.
- Negotiate and maintain investment management agreements (IMAs) and respective investment guidelines between the firm and money managers.
- Determine money manager and derivatives contract requirements specific to each hire/fire/change event.
- Gain exposure to the end-to-end process for manager changes from governance approval to signed contract receipt to operational set up to ensure completion of all implementation steps.
- Work with the firms portfolio managers to draft appropriate content for investment guidelines.
- Act as a liaison for internal and external legal counsel to negotiate legal documentation with counterparties for trading derivative instruments (e.g. ISDAs, FCM agreements, Collateral Control Agreements, Listed Options Agreements).
- Work with FCM counterparties to establish derivative clearing accounts for trading derivative instruments such as listed options, listed equity futures, and credit derivatives.
- Ongoing maintenance of derivative documentation. Ensure proper logging and storage of documents, as well as communication to stakeholders.
- Enforce compliance to derivative regulations (Dodd-Frank, EMIR, MiFID II, etc.) as they apply to new account on-boarding and assist with implementation of new regulations.
General team and money manager support:
- Management of fund/client documentation including tax forms, prospectuses, investment management agreements, etc.
- Assistance with the drafting of any necessary documentation for the above two functions of the team.
- LLB or similar degree with a focus on law or equivalent
- Contract drafting and negotiation experience or Paralegal experience (preferred)