Private Equity Accountant
£55,000 - £65,000 + bonus + benefits
Who They Are
A new financial accounting role exists within the Group Finance Function of a global investment management group (AUM £80 billion) for a qualified accountant, with at least 2 years financial accounting experience with previous experience of the Private Equity or Infrastructure industry. For the right person, there could be excellnet opportunities to progress into other areas of the finance function.
You will provide high quality finance and investment accounting services for the private equity products business including Infrastructure, Asian private Equity and Funds of Funds. In order to perform your new role, you need a strong attention to detail. You will also need to use your strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively at all levels. You will need to be able to meet tight deadlines. Your role is varied and includes the following:
- Production and preparing year end accounts for a number of funds (limited partnerships) and corporate entities.
- Liaise with external auditors for statutory accounts.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for group corporate entities including bank reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations and processing of accounts payable.
- Ensure accuracy of general ledgers in SAP.
- Ensure accuracy of Private Equity Office investment and general ledgers for funds.
- Prepare of quarterly fund performance reports including liaison with Investor Relations
- Prepare the partnership tax returns.
- Ad hoc project work and responses to client enquires.
- Building and maintaining relationships with the private equity team and the group finance team in the UK and Asia and as well as the external auditors
Who they are looking for
Candidates for this role may currently work for or have worked for a custodian, third party administrator, private equity firm or funds of funds or from a firm of accountants but must meet the following criteria:
- Graduate Qualified accountant - ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years PQE
- Private Equity experience essential
- Experience of preparing year ends accounts for private equity or infrastructure funds
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong Excel spread sheet skills
Desirable Experience / Knowledge
- SAP (or similar package) & Caseware experience desirable
- Knowledge of limited partnership structures required