|Location:||City of London, London, England|
Accountancy and Finance
Accountancy & Audit
|Salary:||£42000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Private Equity Accountant
£42000 - £55000 + Bonus + Excellent Benefits Package
They are a global, expanding private equity firm with a wide variety of funds at various stages of their life cycle. For this role, there is no need for previous private equity industry experience.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
If you would like to be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
- Qualified accountant (OR QBE) with experience working in a professional services, financial statement preparation or a fund accounting environment, preparing and reviewing financial statements from source books and records.
- Experience of working on multiple deadlines
- Strong experience in the review of working paper files and Financial Statements including disclosures.
- Previous experience of supervision and guidance of junior team members.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to be able to work with CFO and Financial Controller.
You will have responsibility for the management of the day to day relationship and accounting and gain exposure to investments at different stages of their fund life cycle, from those within their period of capital raising to others within their divestment phase. Working within a team of qualified and part qualified professionals, and with responsibility for supervision and motivation of team members, your responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the preparation and completion process of quarterly and yearly financial statements and reports.
- Agreeing timetables and manage the necessary information flow.
- Monitoring the allocation rules assigned to fund transactions to ensure accurate recording of information between different fund vehicles.
- Performing 1st and 2nd reviews to ensure high quality of work produced by team members.
- Ensuring fund bank accounts and intercompany accounts are reconciled on a continuous basis.
- Working closely with the technical team to ensure financial statements meet the funds reporting requirements of UK GAAP, US GAAP, IFRS and LPA GAAP.
- Reviewing drawdown and equalisation calculations to ensure the accuracy of figures, as funds seek access to their commitments.
- Reviewing distribution calculations, ensuring the flow of funds from investment sales are accurately recorded right through to fund partner payments.
- Reviewing GPS calculations to ensure the correct and timely recording of fund management fees.
- Preparing partner statements for the correct accounting of equity held within each reportable fund.
- Ensuring the accurate communication of all fund movements between the fund and its partners, through the issuance of relevant fund notices.
- Working within LPA guidelines to ensure the treatment of movements adhere to necessary criteria, notably in the case of recallable distributions.
- Conducting weekly meetings or calls with senior finance or investment team 'clients' relating to fund matters to ensure open and effective communication at all times.
- Responsible for the training and development of team members.
- Leading staff appraisals, setting future objections and providing assessment of past performance.
Sorry, this job is no longer available