|Salary:||£40000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus & Benefits|
|REF:||BN4 - 69107_1495204855|
|Job Published:||over 3 years ago|
Fund Accountant - Private Equity
£40,000 - £50,000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are a global and expanding private equity firm with offices in over 10 international locations and work with investments across over 25 countries. They are a truly international company and offer excellent career development prospects within a professional environment.
You will have responsibility for the management of the day to day relationship and accounting of designated Private Equity and/or Real Estate funds and gain exposure to investments at different stages of their fund life cycle, from those within their period of capital raising to others within their divestment phase. Working within a team of qualified and part qualified professionals, and with responsibility for supervision and motivation of junior part qualified accountants, your responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the preparation and completion process of quarterly and yearly financial statements and reports.
- Agreeing timetables and manage the necessary information flow.
- Monitoring the allocation rules assigned to fund transactions to ensure accurate recording of information between different fund vehicles.
- Performing 1st and 2nd reviews to ensure high quality of work produced by team members.
- Ensuring fund bank accounts and intercompany accounts are reconciled on a continuous basis.
- Working closely with the technical team to ensure financial statements meet the funds reporting requirements of UK GAAP, US GAAP, IFRS and LPA GAAP.
- Reviewing drawdown and equalisation calculations to ensure the accuracy of figures, as funds seek access to their commitments.
- Reviewing distribution calculations, ensuring the flow of funds from investment sales are accurately recorded right through to fund partner payments.
- Reviewing GPS calculations to ensure the correct and timely recording of fund management fees.
- Preparing partner statements for the correct accounting of equity held within each reportable fund.
- Ensuring the accurate communication of all fund movements between the fund and its partners, through the issuance of relevant fund notices.
- Working within LPA guidelines to ensure the treatment of movements adhere to necessary criteria, notably in the case of recallable distributions.
- Conducting weekly meetings or calls with senior finance or investment team 'clients' relating to fund matters to ensure open and effective communication at all times.
- Responsible for the training and development of team members.
- Leading staff appraisals, setting future objections and providing assessment of past performance.
Who they are looking for
If you would like to be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
- Are you a qualified accountant who has current experience or has gained experience in the last five years working within a firm of accountants? And,
- Do you have good technical ability and experience of preparation and completion process or oversight of quarterly and yearly financial statements and reports? And,
- Do you have good verbal and written communication skills to be able to deal with CFOs and Financial Controllers of private equity firms? And,
- Would you be able to take the responsibility for supervision and guidance of junior team members?
Sorry, this job is no longer available