To support the senior controllers and ensure timely, accurate, fully substantiated and compliant financial and management reporting of the following businesses:
Asset Backed Securities Investment, Securitisation and Structured Credit
Daily and monthly controls performance:
- P&L and balance sheet reconciliation and substantiation of the general ledger;
- Cause analysis and timely clearance of reconciliation breaks and suspense items;
- Preparation of monthly IFRS accounts including preparation of monthly journals & submission of Group disclosures;
- Co-ordination with various departments, including Valuation, Accounting Control, Operations and Front Office to ensure accuracy and completeness of balances passing to the general ledger;
- Daily and monthly analytical review to provide meaningful business-informed commentary on the financials.
- Monitor and review work process and output from off-shore Middle office
- Assist with establishing and implementing correct accounting for the ABS
- Standardisation of work processes within the team using best practice approach
- Challenging current booking structures to ensure limited manual intervention and correct accounting and cash flows; and
- Reduction of operational risk and cost through automation and process efficiency projects.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Strong knowledge and practice in ledger maintenance (posting double entries according to the events) and in dealing with reconciliation issues, particular in amortising bonds.
- Strong A levels (or equivalent), preferably including Maths.
- Accounting qualification, e.g. ACA
- Proven Financial Control experience from major investment bank or proven audit experience from auditing Financial Control in investment banking will be considered an advantage.
- IFRS accounting knowledge is preferred, e.g. IAS39, IFRS9
- Strong product and accounting knowledge in vanilla products, e.g. bonds, interest rate swaps, credit default swaps, etc.
- Strong Analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to help implement control improvement
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong MS Excel, e.g. pivot table, sumif function; VBA and Microsoft Access knowledge will be considered an advantage
- Ability to work independently and take proactive action.
- Takes full ownership and follow up with issues and resolutions in a timely manner.
They have a great working environment and are easily accessible on public transport and would like somebody who can start immediately.