£80,000 - £100,000 + Bonus + Benefits
City of London
The company is a dynamic, fast growing, international organisation supplying a highly innovative and industry changing automated transaction network to the investment industry across the globe. The company is at the forefront of new technology and are exploring the implementation of new technology to further change the industry They continue to expand globally and across datacentres and although not a greenfield company there are many interesting challenges in this role and an opportunity to build a tam further and contribute to expansion.
What You Will Be Doing
Reporting to the Managing Director, Global Operations this new role will be responsible for driving the business's key strategic projects throughout the rollout of new product sets. You will manage, report and where required remediate the various workstreams associated with the business's technology product lines, leveraging and maximising return on investment across the strategic project portfolios. The role may involve macro level project management at the inception stages of project works, but with the ability to shift to a longer term strategic focus when it becomes necessary.
- Ensure the programmes of work and their associated business cases are appropriately scoped and approved according to Company requirements.
- Undertake (or facilitate the undertaking of) relevant and appropriate analysis for the programme, which is underpinned by requisite management information.
- Implement defined programmes; work with client groups to ensure that deliverables are scalable and replicable.
- Work with Delivery teams to ensure that requested outputs are delivered on time, within budget and are fit for purpose.
- Ensure that expectations are appropriately managed with key stakeholders, based on a thorough understanding of dependencies that could impact programme delivery.
- Set milestones and produce KPIs for board reporting, management review and for exception reporting.
- Ensure that programme risks, issues and actions are appropriately documented, tracked and where appropriate escalated in good time.
- Mentor and manage peers and any direct reports to facilitate deliverables and improve their knowledge and skillsets.
- Understand and delegate clearly defined work packages to assigned analysts and assist in any subsequent troubleshooting.
- Engage with the management team and sponsor to ensure timely communication and engagement in the programme, recommending decisions and/or mitigation action for any identified issues or risks.
Who They Are Looking For
In order to be considered, for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Solid programme management experience within Financial Services and exposure to include equities or securities or FX or fund management.
- An understanding and proven record of delivery in the areas of technology, operational and regulatory change in a client facing role - this is essential.
- Proven analytical background and ability to apply and enforce scalable project / programme management techniques.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to tie together, coordinate and direct stakeholders internally; Heads of Marketing, Sales, Product, IT and Operations effectively.
- Able to manage and liaise with senior client contacts
- Display an outcome oriented approach and be able to evidence a track record of managing significant programs of change.
- A strong grasp of data modelling techniques, the FTP environment, message transformation and exposure to industry standard messaging protocols would be a significant positive (E.G. Swift technologies, MQ , Fix etc). Knowledge of best practice industry methodologies would be advantageous. Finally, a proven ability to conduct and control client workshops to achieve a desired outcome is required.