Quantitative Analyst - Fixed Income
£Dependant on Experience + Bonus + Benefits
They are one of the most reputable fund managers in the Europe with over £100 billion AUM. In recent years there track record of success and above average results for their funds has defied all expectations. They offer a progressive environment and an excellent culture to develop your skills and make a contribution to the business. They now have a new position due to further expansion within their highly regarded Fixed Income Global Quant Team which supports all desks in Europe and Asia and input to the USA. You will be working on the strategic quantitative program with the goal of producing truly global solutions. Although this is a most junior member of the team it will report to the Head of Quant Analytics based in London. The role supports the global portfolio platform which will double in size to more than 400 users.
Working within a small team, the role is very wide ranging and the expectation is that you would be able to fulfil a large part of the role and hit the ground running although the expectation is that there will still be a significant learning curve. There will be a significant amount of projects which you will be working. Your role includes the following:
- Building and implementing the quantitative aspects of bond portfolio management. This includes providing internal and external clients with timely and accurate portfolio analytics and risk metrics
- Maintaining the daily production process for security and portfolio analytics
- Ensuring data integrity at all times
- Continually refining the process to cater for a dynamic investment environment
- Provide Portfolio Management and Product Management Teams with relevant Reporting tools
- Partner with Middle Office and Back Office to establish effective processes designed to improve data ownership, production and quality assurance
- Modelling Bonds in relevant Analytic Systems (Yieldbook, Intex, Bloomberg, etc.)
- Work with Sector teams to understand credit view for modelling securities
- Build strong working relationships with the Product Management team, sector teams, and the quantitative strategies/portfolio management team
- Mastering the Yieldbook as the primary calculation engine to source portfolio analytics
- Work with product management and portfolio management teams to build adhoc reports
- Create framework for portfolio construction, especially in analysing portfolio strategies and
- performance profile to achieve investment goals of clients
- Fulfil quantitative aspects of Asset allocation, Benchmark analysis, Investment style analysis, Risk budgeting and diversification, Portfolio construction, Product development, Risk and performance attribution modelling, Building alpha factor models
- Build or direct the implementation of solutions to systems and data issues to support the quantitative aspects of portfolio management in an on-going basis
- Create framework for analysing alternative investment and risk scenarios
- Create ad hoc reports and analyses to aid portfolio management decisions
- Enhance the profile and reputation of the team and Fixed Income internally and externally.
- Contribute to the long term vision and strategy of Fixed Income and AAM.
Who they are looking for
To be considered for this role, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- BA or Bsc or Msc in finance, economics, engineering, mathematics or similar quantitative discipline is required as a minimum. (MBA with concentration in Finance or Technology preferred)
- 2-3 years relevant prior quantitative research experience in investment management or a hedge fund preferred. Possibly sell side if meet all other criteria.
- Strong programming and database management skills required using SQL and also C# essential. (Java instead of C# acceptable). Matlab, VBA or C/C++ is highly desirable
- Experience of development of risk models and quant development
- Advanced degree and coursework in regression, simulation and optimization considered a plus
- Demonstrable ability to solve complex problems