|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Job Published:||almost 5 years ago|
Real Estate Structured Finance Manager
£40,000 - £50,000 + bonus + benefits
City of London
Who they are
They are a highly successful, growing specialist bank who have a strong commercial property lending business. They now have a newly created role for an individual with property / real estate credit risk experience within the Real Estate Structured Finance Department.
Working within the Bank's Structured Finance Division, you will assist the Head of Structured Finance with structuring of complex loan facilities, preparation of reports/credit papers and the maintenance of accurate information on databases to senior management as required. The Head of Structured Finance requires support in completing the deals from inception to completion. The role was created to help increase levels of business from new & existing accounts, hitting and exceeding targets, introducing and managing loans to completion and assist with the control of credit to avoid risk of loss. You will liaise with relevant internal departments, third party professionals, introducers and clients. The person does not need to generate their own leads however it would help if they had contacts in the market that they can draw on. You will be attending deal meetings as well as involved in client entertainment. Key responsibilities and duties:
Sales/Account Management:- generate new sources of business; increase levels of business from existing accounts; establish and maintain relationships with new/existing accounts; structuring loan facilities effectively and competitively to win the business.
Management of Credit Exposures:- assist with the evaluation of new business opportunities undertaking research, cash flow analysis, completion of system details and drafting credit papers and notes; design, write & present proposed loan facilities to credit committee; gain credit approval for loan facilities; driving facilities to completion by assisting & managing relevant parties; assist the head of structured finance with report writing, credit proposals etc.
Asset Recovery:- assist in maintaining existing customer relationships and ensuring portfolio is adequately monitored, includes site visits and extensions; potentially assist with the management of the recovery of any impaired assets; provide input to Senior Management to assist in determining recovery strategy and actions to be taken; implementing agreed strategy effectively and efficiently.
General Matters:- attend meetings taking notes and ensuring actions are followed up; production of management information for Senior Management as required; manage efficient and accurate file maintenance and account processing.
Who are they are looking for
To be considered for this role, you should meet the following criteria:-
- Ideally educated to A' Level or Degree, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in the banking sector or an equivalent profession sector (i.e. accounting, law, property etc).
- Interest and knowledge of property development and residential property market is essential.
- This role would be ideally suited to someone who has solid credit experience who wants to move across to support the Head of Structured Finance.
- Able to work to tight deadlines whilst paying attention to detail and good written/report writing skills
- Proficient with both Microsoft Word and Excel programmes
- Able to work with limited supervision
- Ability to present to & entertain clients
- A team player with the ability to communicate accurately, both verbally and in writing
- Experience with HNW clients could be useful.