|Location:||City of London, London|
Accountancy and Finance
Accountancy & Audit
|Salary:||£52000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Real Estate Senior Accountant
To £52,000 - £65,000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are a expanding European real estate investment firm and apart of a larger financial services group.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
- At least 3 years post qualified Accountant or qualified by experience and strong technical knowledge of IFRS or various GAAPS in relation to Property fund accounting
- Strong knowledge / understanding of the Real Estate investment industry and / or Real Estate Fund Administration Sector
- Strong Excel skills including understanding best practices in reviewing financial models
- Experience of providing services to multiple internal clients and managing client relationships
- Experience of managing teams of people and in developing individuals up to the standard required
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills with Senior Management and other internal departments
- Can do attitude, ability to cope with tight deadlines and working under pressure
Report directly to a Director or Associate Director, you will manage a team covering a number of Private Equity Real Estate funds. The role includes the following:
- Review the preparation of accounting records in accordance with both external and internal standards Responsible for reviewing annual statutory accounts under US GAAP, IFRS and LUX GAAP. Timely liaison with fund controllers and auditors required to ensure deadlines for disclosing financial statements are met.
- Review the preparation of monthly management accounts, analysing variances and communicating findings.
- Have oversight of the audit process and tax reporting process, ensuring that both are completed smoothly.
- Review of accounting consolidation and reporting processes for funds, audits and tax processes
- Conduct second reviews at all stages of a fund's cycle directed. To be the first point of escalation for all technical queries raised by team.
- To be the first point of escalation for fund accounting queries and to ensure these are effectively managed through to resolution.
- Appraisal Manager - Provide constructive support and developmental opportunities for team in line with personal development plans to aid progression.
- Proactively identifying areas of departmental improvement and escalating to line manager suggesting appropriate courses of action
- Manage work flows effectively within the team of qualified and part qualified accountants to ensure work carried out at appropriate level within deadlines whilst challenging team members. Ensure meet set KPIs.
- Responsible for hiring staff in the team.
- Involved in the accounting set up of new funds.
- Review operational processes for areas of improvement and inefficiency. Escalating such areas and suggesting remedial measures
- Familiarise yourself with properties and general accounting / administrative processes for the portfolio
- Liaising with senior management.
Sorry, this job is no longer available
Accountant, Financial Control
Location: City of London, London
Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Middle Office Officer
Salary: €50000 - €60000 per annum
Fund Manager Research Analyst
Location: London, England
Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits