Senior Regional Sales Manager, UK Advisory
£75000 - £90000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are a specialist investment management firm that manages over £12 billion on behalf of private clients, institutions, family offices and intermediaries from the UK and overseas. With over 175 employees, they have a leading reputation in thematic investment and long-term income and dividend growth across multi-asset mandates. This role would suit someone who maybe has worked closely with analysts in a front office environment previously or possibly has combined compliance knowledge with working in a support role with the research team.
You will be part of the Third Party Distribution team reporting to the Sales Director. You will be responsible for generating sales and increasing the revenue stream predominantly from the UK Advisory and Regional DFM Channels. You will focus primarily on one UK region (based on your experience / geography ) and will work in conjunction with the existing team in defining the client group. The role will develop and implement the distribution strategy and tactics for the UK Advisory market working with the other senior members of the team. The initial focus of this role is establishing commercially beneficial relationships with target accounts, predominantly to support the sale of our multi asset products including Private Client services and, where appropriate, our single strategy products. Role will be high intensity with requirement for a minimum number of client meetings per month, full client follow up, weekly and monthly management reporting requirements, together with responsibility for maintaining accurate and timely reporting of all client activity on salesforce.Your duties include:
- Building commercial productive relationships with UK advisory businesses in line with the business values of the firm. This will include: prioritisation of target accounts, research and due diligence on accounts, development of sales plans, organising sales activity fully utilising financial clarity and salesforce applications. Create and execute a sales plan across region and accounts as agreed with Head of UK Sales.
- Achieve sales as per agreed sales targets. Establish personal and company credibility, identify appropriate solutions, build client relationships and negotiate/agree the sale.
- Develop and update investment knowledge of funds and the general investment markets. This involves fulfilling all training and compliance requirements, as necessary, and ensuring personal knowledge is always up to date and of sufficient depth.
- Input in to the development and implementation of the overall business strategy for third party distribution.
- Ensure that we conduct our retail business in line with regulatory requirements and the firm's requirements, with emphasis on the areas of product suitability and distributor due diligence and oversight.
- Work collaboratively across the business, in particular with other distribution channels, to assist in the delivery of the firm's broader strategic plans.
- Ensure up to date records on all relationships, sales and marketing activities are kept and all data protection requirements are respected.
- Contribute to sales planning with marketing, product solutions and asset management functions. This involves the development of relationships with fund managers and support staff, and the provision of intelligence on market and client knowledge to support and develop business strategy.
- Follow up industry events and marketing presentations.
- Provide the necessary input into TCF management reporting.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- It is essential to have experience of selling multi-asset solutions and desirable to also have single strategy equity funds experience.
- Detailed knowledge of the UK Retail Market and be able to demonstrate relevant experience gained across the advisory channels.
- A demonstrable track record of success and ideally have been involved in a business build program previously.
- Ideally educated to graduate level, exceptional quality with high energy level, clear business thinker and outstanding executer of a business plan.
- Strong communication skills at all levels and strong presentation skills.
- Effective interdepartmental team player.
- Strategic thinker and planner and a high level of gravitas, senior client connectivity and experience.
- A strategic solutions driven mind set and a 'consultative' thinker, long term value builder.