£30000- £40,000 + Study Support + Bonus + Benefits
City of London
They are a highly successful, growing bank with an excellent reputation. They have a very collegiate environment. Their finance function continues to grow and comprises a department of 7 who work together as a team. The department is comprised of energetic, bright and vibrant qualified and part qualified accountants. Good training and development is offered to the right person. They now have a role arising due to promotion which will give an excellent introduction to the Bank, how it works, its finance function and also the prudential analytics.
Reporting to a qualified reporting manager you will be involved in regulatory reporting, prudential compliance and associated systems and controls. You will be responsible for completion of the Bank's prudential regulatory reports and carrying out periodic regulatory audits. You will also monitor and implement new prudential regulations and to maintain internal regulatory systems. The role includes the following.
- Preparation and submission of the Bank's prudential regulatory returns
- Dealing with queries relating to the regulatory returns
- Assist with automating the production of the regulatory returns
- Monitoring the integrity of the data, the data warehouse and standard reports
- Preparation of periodic audits of the regulatory returns
- Monitoring and implementing changes to prudential reporting regulations
- Assisting with the administration of the banking payment systems
- Ad hoc projects
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA part-qualified or recently qualified
- At least 2 years accounting experience, financial services experience preferred but not essential.
- Strong Excel skills and knowledge of MS Word and Powerpoint
- Ability to work through regulatory guidance and interpret requirements as well as strong report writing skills
- Highly organised and methodical with an ability to see projects through to completion
- Accuracy and attention to detail and ability to prioritise a number of different tasks
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to liaise effectively with operational departments
Financial services industry, regulatory reporting and audit experience would be an advantage
Access or similar database (SQL) / data warehouse skills and report writing packages would be beneficial