This financial institution is incredibly well respected and is one of the oldest banks in the UK. The Regulatory Advice and Affairs Analyst will Provide advisory support to the business in relation to all relevant requirements established in the FCA Handbook and PRA Rulebook and will also be responsible for Identification, dissemination, tracking and implementation of all new regulation applicable to the bank.
Regulatory Advice and Affairs Analyst Overview
- Monitor the regulatory horizon for all aspects of the bank's business.
- Assess the relevance of new regulation in respect of the bank's business model.
- Assist in the disseminate summary and impact information to key stakeholders.
- Maintain and update the library of regulated developments and all associated documents.
- Assist with the product of reports to the Banking Committee, Management Committee, Audit, Risk & Compliance Committee and Board as applicable.
- Act as Compliance Advisory SME on new regulatory projects and BAU implementation.
- Ensure that agreed implementation approach and delivery of FCA and PRA requirements is appropriate for the bank.
- Assist with the completion of the Compliance Monitoring Plan 2018/2019.
- Provide ad-hoc advisory support to the business in relation to PRA and FCA requirements.
- Assist the Compliance Manager with the production of MI for Committees and key stakeholder.
The successful Regulatory Advice and Affairs Analyst will have
- Demonstrable knowledge of applicable UK banking regulation (essential).
- Previous experience in regulatory analysis (required).
- Legal or regulatory background (desirable).
- A-Level or equivalent (essential).
- Willingness to study for relevant professional qualifications (essential).
- 1st class or 2.1 degree or equivalent qualification level (preferred).
- Professional qualifications in regulatory compliance and/or legal related subjects (preferred).
- Ability to identify key issues and impacts of legal and regulatory developments.
- Ability to translate legal and regulatory developments into requirements for the business.
- Report writing skills.
If you have the required skill set and background, I look forward to hearing from you.