Regulatory Change and Reporting Assistant
£45000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are a well established leading private banking group who are highly respected and successful.
Working in a small team and reporting to the Regulatory Projects and Reporting Manager, the role is responsible for the production of Regulatory Data Items and ad-hoc requests from the regulators. You will assist with project tasks and ad-hoc data analysis as requested as well as enhancement of the processes to produce the regulatory information for additional control and automation. The role is wide ranging and includes the following:
- Production of regulatory data for the UK regulators and the European Banking Authority (EBA) including reporting of a regulatory nature to management. This includes regular data items and input into CSSF returns, the ILAA, Recovery and Resolution Plan and any other regulatory documents. Completion of analytical review explaining key movements.
- Development of robust improvements and additional spreadsheet controls. Production (on a rota basis) of the daily controls over the Banking & Investment Management system which includes liquidity controls, capital adequacy calculation (COREP), balance sheet and off balance sheet - daily movement, P&L and interest earning reports.
- Review any daily issues arising from the controls and document on the control pack prior to sign off.
- Support of daily controls including transfer of knowledge to the Finance team.
- Update control spreadsheets for changes in regulation and business processes as required.
- To develop own professional expertise through on the job training, formal training and the review of the EU legal instruments, EBA and UK regulators guidance and other publically available information.
- Participating in user acceptance testing for software developments and Lombard Risk software upgrades to assist in the production of the returns and the calculation of key regulatory data. This work will include the identification and reporting of issues, liaising with developers and software vendors to resolve issues and documentation of manual processes as required.
- Assisting in project work and other ad-hoc analysis and testing. The projects will include ensuring compliance to regulatory rules and changes and enhancing existing processes and reporting.
- Liaison with IT to raise development and support requests, specify, develop and test solutions. On-going support and improvement of processes implemented.
- Maintenance of finance procedures relating to regulatory reporting and accounting schemes.
Who They Are Looking For
To be considered for this role, you should meet the following criteria:
- At least 2 years experience of production of regulatory data for the UK regulators within a smaller medium size financial services organisation.
- Good academic background and possibly studying for an accountancy qualification.
- Strong IT literacy
- Understanding of liquidity controls and capital adequacy calculation (COREP).
- Good communication skills and able to work in a small team and learn subject matter quickly.