£60000 - £85000 and excellent bonus and benefits
A newly created opportunity exists within the London operations of a unique, growing quantitative trading firm focusing primarily on equities and equity derivatives. They have over 400 people in New York, Hong Kong & London. They have expanded rapidly in London from 35 to 160 employees in the last few years, attracting very high quality people who form a collegiate and entrepreneurial culture. Mentoring, informal meetings and active discussion are all part of the culture. An ambitious person can have an excellent career there with opportunity for progression within a fast-paced work environment. Apart from career progression they offer individuals opportunity to develop their skills in many formats.
The role sits within the finance function and will work closely with another regulatory specialist. Other members of the finance team will contribute information for the returns, although this is an all embracing "hands on" regulatory role. The role is wide ranging and covers all areas of the regulatory arena from production and filing of regulatory returns to liquidity and capital analysis and requirements, to interpretation of regulatory rules and there application in the business. It is unlikely that an individual will have all the exposure they would like and therefore they realistically are able to compromise on some of the previous regulatory experience needed. This role may also represents a great learning curve for someone. This will include:
- The candidate as part of a small team will have responsibility for preparation of the firm's regulatory filings including the COREP and FSA filings.
- Understanding and dealing with CRR rules including COREP filings.
- Pillar 2 calculations.
- ICAAP, ILAA and FSA fillings.
- Capital calculations including calculations of credit, market, settlement and liquidity risk.
- Liquidity reviews.
- Regulatory projects.
- Interpretation of regulatory policy and provision of step by step instructions for the business to follow.
- Regulatory and liquidity calculation role.
THE SUCCESFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role you should meet the following criteria:
- A high level understanding of the European regulatory environment for investment firms plus to familiarity with the regulatory capital rules and calculations in CRR.
- Significant experience with the EBA regulatory rules and filings including exposure to COREP and FSA filings.
- A proactive and decisive self-starter.
- Excellent communicator and team player.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical thinking.
- Ability to undertake and lead projects.