Regulatory Reporting Accountant
£65,000 - £70,000 + bonus + benefits
City of London
Truly global asset manager investment management group with over £300 billion AUM. This is an excellent opportunity to join a Finance Business Partner team at the start of its growth phase.
The role consists of both regulatory reporting and financial reporting. Regulatory reporting for this role encompasses the balance sheet, income statement and capital adequacy return. There are no supervisory duties. Reporting to the Regulatory Reporting Manager, the Regulatory Reporting Accountant will be responsible for the UK and European regulatory returns on a solo and consolidated basis, which includes maintaining the Group IFRS consolidation, the financial and capital adequacy sections of the Group's ICAAP review document and monitoring regulatory developments. Your role will include the following:
- Responsible for running and maintaining the UK Group IFRS consolidation on SAP and BPC (with support from the London External Reporting Team);
- Responsible for calculation of the UK Group's regulatory capital resources position including advising on the level of dividends which can be paid from the regulatory group
- Responsible for calculation of the UK Group's regulatory capital requirement on monthly basis including:
- calculating the Group credit risk
- calculating the Group market risk
- assisting with the co-ordination intercompany settlements.
- Review of the EEA solo returns which will be prepared by the Legal Entity Controller of that entity
- Preparation of the Capital sections of the ICAAP review document including
- Analysis of Pillar 1
- Liaising with Risk Team for the analysis of Pillar 2
- Preparing five year capital plans on base case forecasts and stress case scenarios
- Articulation of the capital positions within the main ICAAP review document
- Reviewing the impact of proposed EBA prudential regime for investments firms on the solo returns and the Group.
- Preparation of Pillar 3 documentation for the Group, including liaising with the Risk team and the Reward team.
- Preparation of regulatory Group's special purpose financial statement the standalone Financial Statements;
- Representing Finance on the monthly Regulatory Developments Committee;
- Responsible for the preparation of the Fee Data returns for each FCA supervised solo entity
- Preparation of Group FOR.
THE SUCCESFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Graduate qualified accountant;
- Regulatory reporting and consolidation experience;
- Strong spreadsheet skills;
- Investment management experience prefered but other industries considered;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to communicate at all levels;
- Results-driven with high commitment to quality and delivery to strict deadlines;